Friday 21 March 2014

Task 4

After speaking to another professional who was in the teaching field, I developed my questions making them better and also ruling out some of the ideas where I felt there would not be much room to carry out a strong inquiry.

The question I liked most was number 10 :

“Some students who are less able academically can excel in these creative subjects. Why is this? And can doing these subjects benefit them in the academic subjects?”

It was decided that the way I’d written it was biased as I had based the question with a particular student in mind. In order for my inquiry to be successful I will need to take into consideration the ethics behind questions asked and also take into account safeguarding of children and data protection. I re-wrote the question now making it what I feel is “more inquiry friendly”:

“In what ways do pupils benefit from creative subjects within school and can these benefits be transferred to their learning in other subjects?”

I then brought this question up for  discussion at the last campus session where Alan helped me develop the ideas that this question provoked. I have put these ideas onto a spider diagram (below) which I found really helpful as I could see everything down on paper infront of me and it showed more clearly the links between different ideas.




I have posted this question onto my SIG group and am still waiting for comments and ideas from my peers but would welcome suggestions on here too!

In terms of the way I would carry out my research for this inquiry, I would take a humanities approach. 
Analytical, Critical and Speculative.


This is something Alan discussed at the last campus session and although I have not blogged about it myself, if you read Geri Masucci’s Blog, I feel that she has summed up well what was taught and discussed. In particular, the idea of 'positionality' and how your own positionality will potentially  affect your inquiry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment